I have thirteen years of professional experience during which I was system administrator, expert in the technical department of an IT service company and software engineer. I am still heavily interested in technical challenges, I like to solve complex problems and to contribute to the creation of performant, useful and usable softwares.
In a few words (non-exhaustive list, open to other technologies):
- Web Standards / HTML5 / CSS
- Open source
- User Interface
- Web Component
- REST API
- Agile / Scrum / Kanban
- Unit tests / Behavior-driven development (BDD)
- From April 2011 to November 2017
Lead engineer User Interface at eZ Systems (Lyon, France)
eZ Systems is the editor of eZ Platform (formerly known as eZ Publish) a CMS built on top of the Symfony framework. For more than 6 years, I was part of the engineering team as Lead engineer User Interface. Main achievements:
- Design and development of the eZ Platform v2 administration interface based on Web Components / Polymer and the Symfony framework
- Design and development of the eZ Platform administration interface as a single page application
- Rewrite of the eZ Publish CMS with the Symfony framework
- Development of end user features and usability improvements: an autosave mechanism, an integrated file uploader, ...
- Code reviews / Maintenance
As Lead Engineer User Interface, I managed a small team working on the administration interface, I was also involved in the feature definition with the product management team and in the technical architecture of the product.
- From February 2007 to March 2011
LAMP technical expert at Smile's technical management department (Montpellier then Lyon, France)
At Smile, after being part of the team dedicated to project maintenance, I integrated the technical management department. Our main responsibilities were to help teams in the projects and to try improving processes and overall quality. The main aspect of this position involved:
- Technical reviews of eZ Publish, Typo3 or Magento based projects
- Technical specifications
- Support and training
- Software development and maintenance of LAMP web sites and applications
- From April 2004 to January 2007
Software engineer / System administrator at Kaliop (Montpellier, France)
- System administration of Windows (2000 et 2003) and GNU/Linux (Debian) servers: web, email, backup
- Migration of an email server under Debian GNU/Linux (600 accounts, Postfix, OpenLDAP, SpamAssassin, ...)
- Web applications development
- Frontend technologies
- Object and functionnal programming
- CMS: eZ Publish / eZ Platform, Typo3, SPIP, ...
- E-commerce: Magento
- Frameworks: Symfony, Express, Zend Framework, ...
- Miscellaneous: Solr, git, Metalsmith, TravisCI, Github, Mocha, SinonJS, Leaflet...
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- System administration
- GNU/Linux and Unix based systems (administration and daily use for more than 15 years: Debian, Ubuntu, ...)
- Apache, MySQL, Varnish, Postfix, Courier, OpenLDAP, SpamAssassin, ...
- 2001 - 2004
Engineering degree at ENSSAT (École Nationale Supérieure de Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) in Lannion (Côtes d'Armor France)
Major: Software and computer systems
- 1999 - 2001
Two-years "Grande École" preparatory cycle. Lycée Lalande of Bourg-en-Bresse (Ain France).
Professional working proficiency, daily use at eZ Systems
- Spanish, German