GUI enhancements with admin2++ eZ Publish extension
The blog post is the continuation of Frontend performance enhancements with admin2++ eZ Publish extension published a few days ago. This one is about the additions of the admin2++ eZ Publish extension in terms of GUI and new features.
Current features provided by admin2++ extension
- it improves the dashboard to be easily configurable by each user (drag'n drop of blocks, ability to remove or add blocks)
- it adds some new dashboard blocks (System infos, Feed reader, Advanced search form)
- it replaces View link in context menus by a Preview link that loads a preview in AJAX
- it makes the right menu loadable in AJAX instead of requiring a page refresh when revealing it
- it adds the ability to resize the area dedicated to preview tabs, details tabs, ...
- it improves default stylesheet (colors in popup menu and dashboard blocks, round corners on all fields, yellow background to highlight currently focused field, ...)
- it adds a date picker for ezdate and ezdatetime attribute (based on jQuery instead of the default YUI2 one)
All those new features are visible in this screencast :
I have a lot of ideas :
- jQueryUI 1.8 now includes an Autocomplete widget that would be useful to type keywords
- use of AJAX for the several operations (bookmark, add to notifications, ...)
- drag'n drop in content tree
- add new dashboard blocks (personal note, inline search, ...)
- improve style for a more clear separations between areas
- ... and many more !